9.30 – 10.30
10.30 - 10.40
Jennie Moss, Founder & Managing Director, RETHINK EVENTS, UK
10.40 - 11.30
Corporate Perspective: Building the AgTech Innovation Landscape for the Livestock Industry
- What new pain points are emerging that the livestock industry corporates are looking to solve?
- What innovation is emerging to improve efficiency, sustainability and welfare, and what is still required?
- How are livestock industry corporates responding to plant-based proteins and clean meat?
- Where are the opportunities for greater collaboration between innovators and corporates? What collaboration models have proved successful? What innovation strategies are emerging to encourage new solutions?
Maarten Goossens, Co-Founder & Principal, ANTERRA CAPITAL, Netherlands
Marc de Beer, Senior Director, Global Nutritional Health, ELANCO, USA
George Heidgerken, Global Head of Livestock, BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM, Germany
Karen Christensen, Senior Director, Animal Welfare, TYSON FOODS, USA
Bruce Stewart-Brown, Senior Vice President, Food Safety, Quality and Live Operations, PERDUE FOODS, USA
E. Michael Castle II, Executive Vice President – CEO of Feed Division and North America Sales, ALLTECH, USA
11.30 - 12.15
The Microbiome in Precision Nutrition: Leveraging Metagenomics to Improve Quality, Growth Efficiency and Preventative Health
- With reliance on antibiotics no longer feasible, how can precision nutrition improve the efficiency of livestock farmers’ production? What are its limitations?
- What emerging microbial innovations are transforming feed-to-weight conversion, produce quality and preventative health? What is needed to overcome the regulatory hurdles to commercialize these products? How is IP valued in the space?
- What collaboration and investment would accelerate research and development of products that have increasing efficacy and competitive cost-of-goods for the farmer?
Megan Lyman, Director, IP, Regulatory and Product Development, AGTECH ACCLERATOR, USA
Mike Seely, CEO, ASCUS BIOSCIENCES, USA
Viggo Halseth, Chief Innovation Officer, NUTRECO, Norway
Susanne Palsten Buchardt, Vice President, Animal Health and Nutrition, NOVOZYMES, Denmark
Bryan Tracy, CEO and Co-Founder, WHITE DOG LABS, USA
Vilson Antonio Simon, Global Vice President Animal Health and Nutrition, KERRY, USA
12.15 - 12.45
New Pharmaceutical Frontiers: Preventing Diseases through Smart Diagnostics and Next-Generation Vaccines
- As livestock producers move away from antibiotics for disease prevention, what trends are emerging in the animal health industry? What innovation is required?
- What new methods are set to disrupt the animal health industry for disease detection and vaccination?
- How are corporates and start-ups collaborating to bring these solutions to market sooner?
Joy Parr Drach, CEO, ADVANCED ANIMAL DIAGNOSTICS (AAD), USA
Jennifer Filbey, CEO, MAZEN ANIMAL HEALTH, USA
12.45 - 1.45
1.45 - 2.30
Smart Livestock Farming to Bridge the Efficiency Gap: Empowering Farmers through Digital Insights
- How can digitization bridge the efficiency gap to transform livestock farming and make it more sustainable? What impact does this have on the supply chain?
- What disruptive innovations are emerging to monitor livestock and offer actionable insights to farmers for herd management, disease detection and nutrition needs?
- What collaboration and investment are required to bring these technologies to market and make them cost-effective for farmers? How can the roles of large technology providers and start-ups be coordinated to facilitate the adoption of these technologies?
Mareese Keane, THRIVE AgTech Platform Director, SVG VENTURES & THRIVE, USA
Sri Raj Kantamneni, Managing Director, Digital Insights, CARGILL, USA
Aidan Connolly, CEO, CAINTHUS, IRELAND, President, AGRITECH CAPITAL, USA
Dane Kuper, Founder and CEO, PERFORMANCE LIVESTOCK ANALYTICS, USA
Paulo Loureiro, Leader, Global Commercial Development and Lifecycle Innovation, Cattle, Equine and Precision Livestock Farming, ZOETIS, USA
Tom Breunig, VP of Global Accounts and Business Development, ALLFLEX LIVESTOCK INTELLIGENCE, USA
2.30 - 3.15
Gene Editing: Designing the Farm Animals and Fish of Tomorrow
- What innovation is emerging in breeding and genome editing livestock for disease resistance, heat tolerance, and reproductive and growth efficiency?
- What are the key pain points for commercializing the production and consumption of these animals? What innovation, partnerships and investments will overcome these?
- With increased precision of editing technologies and consumer perceptions changing, what is predicted for the next five years? What lessons can be learned from GM crops?
Spencer Maughan, Co-Founder & Partner, Finistere Ventures, USA
Mitch Abrahamsen, Executive Vice President, Chief Commercial & Scientific Officer, RECOMBINETICS, USA
Alison Van Eenennaam, Animal Geneticist, UC DAVIS, USA
Abe Huisman, Director R&D, Swine, HENDRIX GENETICS, NETHERLANDS
Rick Peterson, Senior Director, R&D, Animal Sciences Division, INTREXON, USA
3.15 - 4.00
Four exciting animal agtech entrepreneurs each have seven minutes to pitch their technology solutions and outline their business strategy before taking questions from a ‘Shark Panel’.
Georg Baunach, Co-Founder and Development Director, HATCH, Singapore
Eli Kamhine, Group CTO and Head of R&D, ANTELLIQ, Israel
Brian Loeb, Investor, CGC Ventures, CONTINENTAL GRAIN COMPANY, USA
Craig Piggott, CEO, HALTER, New Zealand
Amado Guloy, CEO, REX ANIMAL HEALTH, USA
Dganit Vered, Chairperson of the Board and VP Business Development, VIAQUA, Israel
Steven Theriault, CEO, CYTOPHAGE, Canada
4.00 - 4.30
4.30 - 5.15
The Rise of Aquaculture: Transforming the Industry Through Digitization, Closed Systems and Alternative Protein Feeds
- Can aquaculture provide the sustainably produced protein required to feed the world? What is the role of technology in delivering maximum sustainability and efficiency?
- What pain points most affect the aquaculture space? What unique innovation is required and what may be translated from other spaces?
- How is the utilization of alternative protein feeds and precision feeding technologies improving the sustainability of aquaculture? Where are the opportunities for start-ups and feed corporates to collaborate to scale innovation?
- How are accelerators and investors supporting the growth of new aquaculture technologies?
Mike Velings, Co-Founder & Partner, AQUA-SPARK, NETHERLANDS
Alan Shaw, President, CALYSTA, USA
Bryton Shang, CEO, AQUABYTE, USA
Tony Chen, CEO and Co-Founder, MANOLIN, Norway
Amane Kimura, Director, Nutri-Science Department, Chemical Divison, MITSUI & CO, USA
Bendik Fyhn Terjesen, Innovation Manager, CERMAQ, Norway
5.15 - 6.00
Investor Debate: How Corporate Venture Funds and VCs view the Opportunities in Animal AgTech
- Which areas of animal agtech are most exciting to VC and strategic investors, and have the biggest potential to transform the industry?
- What type of finance and investment will scale and build start-ups in the livestock space?
- What is the role of accelerators and strategic investment in fostering the innovation ecosystem?
- What are investors’ predictions for animal agtech over the next five years? What are the exit horizons?
Maarten Goossens, Co-Founder & Principal, ANTERRA CAPITAL, The Netherlands
Brett Morris, Principal, TECHACCEL, USA
Kevin Zussman, Vice President, CULTIVIAN SANDBOX VENTURES, USA
Jenny Rooke, Managing Director, GENOA VENTURES, USA
Spencer Swayze, Managing Director, PAINE SCHWARTZ PARTNERS, USA
6.00 - 7.00
Networking Drinks Reception