Innovation in Action Tour: UC Davis and the Sacramento Valley – Monday 18 March
Go behind the scenes at the US #1 ranked university for agricultural sciences and forestry. Visit a state of the art agtech laboratory focused on robotics, gain insights from industry leading experts, and watch the operation of exciting sensory components making oil and honey, followed by a tasting session.
- 8am: Coach departs from Hilton San Francisco Union Square
- 10am – 4pm: UC Davis Site Visit
- 6pm: Coach returns to Hilton San Francisco Union Square
Book your World Agri-Tech delegate pass and add the UC Davis Site Tour to your booking before checkout here: https://worldagritechusa.com/register/
Already booked your delegate pass for World Agri-Tech? Contact email@example.com to add the tour to your booking.
Tour this unique 3,100 ft.² facility, equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and 1,800 ft.² of contiguous greenhouse space.
Owned and administered by HM.CLAUSE, a global leader in vegetable seed production, the facility serves as an incubator for participants of the Venture Catalyst START™ Program, which provides UC Davis entrepreneurs with the tools they need to form and grow robust startups.
Join Dr. Ermias Kebreab, Associate Vice Provost of Academic Programs in Global Affairs and Professor & Sesnon Endowed Chair in the Department of Animal Science at UC Davis, on a tour of UC Davis livestock facilities.
Learn more about his innovative research on seaweed as a feed additive to reduce methane emissions from cattle on dairy farms and help farmers meet new emissions standards.
Meet several distinct regional innovators to discuss agtech projects and opportunities in the Sacramento Valley. Panelists include:
- Kent Bradford (moderator), Interim Director, UC DAVIS WORLD FOOD CENTER, which mobilizes the resources of UC Davis to promote innovative, sustainable and equitable food systems
- Cynthia Carrillo, Regional Director, Bay Area, GREATER SACRAMENTO ECONOMIC COUNCIL, the catalyst for innovative growth strategies in the Capital Region of California
- Ken Hiatt, Assistant City Manager and Director of Community & Economic Development, CITY OF WOODLAND, who leads the city’s Food Front initiative to unite local ag and food companies
- Dushyant Pathak, Associate Vice Chancellor for Technology Management & Corporate Relations, OFFICE OF RESEARCH AT UC DAVIS and Executive Director at VENTURE CATALYST, which facilitates the translation of University research and technology by driving the development of new ventures
- John Selep, President, AGSTART, a nonprofit accelerating the growth of regional ag and food tech companies, and Co-Founder of THE VINE, a statewide community of ag and food resources
- Deborah Tucker, Senior Global Project Leader, Bayer CropScience, a global team shaping agriculture through breakthrough innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers, and the planet
Visit the one-of-a-kind Robert Mondavi Institute at UC Davis, which houses a state-of-the-art academic complex and a LEED Platinum certified winery, brewery, and pilot plant for food and milk processing.
To close the day, guests will enjoy an introduction to sensory evaluation featuring honey and olive oil produced at UC Davis.
This interactive experience will be led by Dan Flynn, Executive Director of the UC Davis Olive Center, and Amina Harris, Director of the UC Davis Honey & Pollination Center.